Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Why am I here?

Welcome to my brand-spankin’ new blog! This is my place to explore ideas and concepts related to the work I do every day and hopefully reach out and connect with others who are doing similar work. I have been involved in e-learning for almost a decade now and I am still excited by the possibilities and continually frustrated by the failures. I’ve seen some great stuff produced and I have watched ideas and projects with great potential crash and burn for one reason or another. It’s a crazy and interesting time to be involved in this field.

Here’s what I see as my key areas of focus, both in this blog and generally for my personal inclinations:

  1. Visual design / Visual communication
  2. E-Learning / Learning theory / instructional design
  3. Storytelling
  4. Social media
  5. Interaction design

I’d say, probably number 1 will always sit firmly at number 1. The others may shift in importance to me. My posts on this blog will undoubtedly travel in tight orbit around these 5 main ideas. I’m not promising that there won’t be the occasional tangential foray, but this is my personal center of gravity.

So if you’ve found me, and our interests overlap, please drop me a comment and let me know who you are and where your blog is. Also, you can follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/EJagger

No comments:

Post a Comment